What is Ready, Steady, Grow!?
Ready, Steady, Grow! is a programme of regional events organised by the Enterprise Investment Scheme Association (EISA). The events give an opportunity to meet investors, funders, entrepreneurs and business advisers all in one place at one time! Although Ready, Steady, Grow! is focused on the government-backed Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS), the events will cover a wide range of alternative funding options. Experts will be able to answer questions on, and provide information about, many forms of growth financing that are available to start-ups and small-and-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Who is Ready, Steady, Grow! aimed at?
Ready, Steady, Grow! will be of interest to a variety of different individuals, groups and organisations, including:
- Entrepreneurs looking to start a business, or already running one.
- Investors in businesses, including Angel Investors, professional investors, Independent Financial Advisers and private investors.
What will happen at the event?
Ready, Steady, Grow! will include practical seminars, Q&As and panel discussions, encompassing:
- Discussions on small business funding challenges and other obstacles to growth faced by businesses, featuring panels of entrepreneurs and industry experts. Topical issues such as the impact of Brexit on SMEs and SME funding will also be on the agenda.
- Seminar sessions covering how you can assess the funding options open to your business and how you can make yourself “investor ready”. Plus, learn secrets from successful investors who will share their stories and experience of small company investing.
- Sessions on the Enterprise Investment Scheme and Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme, from the perspective of companies seeking funding and investors in these companies.
- Audience Q&A sessions with panels featuring successful entrepreneurs who have benefited from external investment, investors in small businesses who have made significant returns, plus small business and finance experts.